Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hawaiian Party

I hit the bike today at around midday.

The sun was so unrelenting it sucked my life out of me. It was like riding with a vampire attached to me. I crawled back home to make it about an hour and then rolled into the pool.

Later on Kirsty and I headed out to a great Hawaiian theme party. We rushed to get the food (Woolworths veggie burgers) and drinks (Woolworths ginger ale) and I also got three Urban vests to make it look more authentic. Well, I wanted some vests in my closet anyway and now I have them. I think they'll be great for down at the beach.

However, they really do highlight the state of my body and this is really depressing....

I spoke to fellow cyclist Neil Timm for some time and I mentioned my idea to do some kinda of mammoth cycle trip. He was very excited and knew some people have done similar things for good causes. He even suggested I contact them.

We bounced around some random ideas like cycling around South Africa to raise money for Bibles for the poor or to do the same in Lesotho, commencing and finishing at Sani Pass.

So, I'm not sure if all this confirmation means I need to just do this now. I don't really know how to do this and be away from Kirsty at the same time....

We didn't swim at the party but sat in a hot jacuzzi. Nearly fell asleep from relaxation.

I found I had no energy after getting out into the cool fresh air.

Started watching the film 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' but not sure if it's going to be any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment