Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Survive the Road

I am amazed I rode again today. My butt was seriously bruised after yesterday.

I rode for just less than an hour and went much further. The heat is so intense that sweat was pouring down from my forehead.

I also should add I've been playing this ludicrously tough and addictive game online:


It's based on the movie and Pulitzer prize-winning novel of the same name written by Cormac McCarthy. Ever since watching 'No Country For Old Men' and reading 'The Road' I've become something of an amateur fan.

So for Christmas in Ballito I've bought myself 'The Border Trilogy' consisting of 'All the Pretty Horses', 'The Crossing' and 'Cities of the Plain.'

I've also asked one of my Father Christmases to get me 'Blood Meridian' which is apparently his masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment